The National Quality Framework (NQF)
aims to improve the quality of education and care services nationally.
The NQF has a specific focus on children's learning, development and wellbeing.
The NQF includes:
- The Education and Care Services National Law (National Law)
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations (National Regulations)
- Approved learning frameworks that guide educators in developing quality programs that support children's learning and development
- The National Quality Standard (NQS) and prescribed rating system to promote quality, consistency and continuous improvement.
The NQF was reviewed in 2014 and recommendations are currently being considered by all governments.
The National Quality Standard
The National Quality Standard (NQS) includes seven quality areas:
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Each service is assessed and rated against these quality areas and is awarded an overall quality rating which must be displayed at the service.