The National Quality Standard 2018 will commence in all states and territories from Thursday, 1 February.
- It has been agreed Nationally that the revised NQS will now be referred to as NQS (2018) and the previous version as NQS (2012)
- In Tasmania, the first assessment and rating visits using the NQS 2018 will happen early in February 2018.
- The process of notifying a service of an upcoming assessment and rating visit has not changed.
Changes to the Exceeding rating will also apply from 1 February 2018.
- Three themes must be demonstrated for a standard to be rated as ‘Exceeding NQS’.
- An information sheet is available on determining ‘Exceeding NQS’ ratings for standards.