updated 14 September 2020
Being COVID-safe in ECEC
We all have a responsibility to continue COVID-safe behaviours. The resources below can help you to determine what safety measures to implement in your service.
The COVID-19 Safe Workplaces Framework supports businesses and workplaces in Tasmania to continue to operate, or reopen, while protecting Tasmania’s health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, and is made up of three key parts:
- Minimum Standards to manage the ongoing risk of COVID-19 in workplaces.
- COVID Safe Workplace Guidelines to provide more detail on how sectors and workplaces can meet the Minimum Standards.
- COVID-19 Safety Plans to outline how each workplace complies with the Minimum Standards.
There are a number of workplace tools, resources and templates available to help workplaces and businesses to develop and review their COVID-19 Safety Plans.
The Government has worked with stakeholders to develop industry specific guidelines to provide examples of the sorts of measures that will suit businesses in each sector and to support employers in complying with minimum standards requirements determined by Public Health and the requirements of Work Health and the Safety Act. For the education and care and child care sector, please see the: COVID Safe Workplace Guidelines for Childcare Services Industry.
- The Australian Government Department of Health guidance on Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19.
- The Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) guidance: Staying Healthy, Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services.
- Safe Work Australia information, resources and links.
- The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) statement on Statement on early childhood and learning centres.
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) support, guidance and Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
If you have any questions, please contact the ECU on 6165 5425 or via email@example.com or call your point of contact authorised officer directly.