Updated 19 June 2020
Australian Government support
- The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment has confirmed the Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package will be extended until 12 July 2020. For more information visit Information for early childhood education and care providers and services.
- The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment website has the latest information sheets about the Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package and links to Frequently Asked Questions, Including:
- Arrangements following the end of the Education and Care Relief Package
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for early childhood education and care providers and services from 6 April 2020
- Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package Conditions
- Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package- Exceptional Circumstance Supplementary Payment
- Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package- Information for Family Day Care and In Home Care Providers
- The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment has produced a poster for services to display to provide information for families and staff to help minimise the spread of COVID-19.
- The Australian Tax Office has confirmed a new ruling that clarifies eligibility for the Australian Government’s JobKeeper Payment.
- The Australian Government is supporting small businesses to retain their apprentices and trainees through a wage subsidy.
- Safe Work Australia provides the following information and resources:
- a COVID-19 Resource kit
- National COVID-19 safe workplace principles
- COVID-19 and physical distancing in Education and Care services
- Advice for Early childhood education and care workers: Minimising the risk of exposure to COVID-19
- WorkSafe Tasmania provides a COVID-19 Safe Workplaces Framework
- The National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) provides Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and information
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) is providing information to support the sector including an information sheet to help build and support your team’s wellbeing, information regarding first aid training during COVID-19, risk assessment and management and incident notifications for closures and reductions during COVID-19.
Tasmanian Government support
- Providers can call the DoE Education and Care COVID-19 helpline (toll free) on 1800 816 057 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except for public holidays).
- The Tasmanian Government has announced:
- Further information about grants for small businesses is available at www.business.tas.gov.au
- The Department of Education has advised that this year’s annual fees for approved Tasmanian education and care services are being waived. Although details around processes are not yet finalised, it is anticipated that invoices will not be sent to your organisation in relation to Tasmanian services.
- As announced by the Premier, commercial tenants on Tasmanian Government properties who have been affected by COVID-19 will be provided a six month rent waiver, effective from 1 March 2020 to 31 August 2020. This applies to Education and Care leases and licences for Department of Education (DoE) premises. If you have any questions about this, please discuss with your co-located school or service in the first instance. For additional information, contact SRP@education.tas.gov.au
- For information on changes to commercial tenancies in Tasmania, as a result of the COVID-19 emergency, please visit https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/business-and-employees/commercial-tenancies
- For more information and details of payroll tax waivers, including JobKeeper payments and the youth employment scheme, please contact the State Revenue Office on (03) 6166 4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sro.tas.gov.au/payroll-tax.
- Some useful links about COVID-19 and what can you can do to prepare your business are provided on https://www.business.tas.gov.au/coronavirus_information and on https://www.stategrowth.tas.gov.au/coronavirus
- For information on the support for COVID-19 business support, grants and loans please contact Business Tasmania on 1800 440 026 or visit https://www.business.tas.gov.au/coronavirus_information
- For information on the Targeted Small Business Grants Scheme please contact Skills Tasmania on 1800 655 846 or email@example.com or visit www.skills.tas.gov.au
- WorkSafe Tasmania provides information on COVID-19 workplace safety and industry resources and advice for businesses on developing a pandemic plan. The COVID-19 Safe Workplaces Framework supports businesses and workplaces in Tasmania to continue to operate, or reopen, while protecting Tasmania’s health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. For additional information and advice see the following link business and employees.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan templates are available now, please see a Fact Sheet for an overview of COVID-19 Safety Plans.
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet provides updates and information to support Aboriginal employees working in Tasmania during COVID-19.
- The Tasmanian Department of Education have developed a Learning at home site to support families and students with resources and ideas for learning at home. Resources linked on this site may be useful for education and care services.
If you have any questions, please contact the ECU on 6165 5425 or via firstname.lastname@example.org or call your point of contact authorised officer directly.