Enforcement actions under the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
Information published on this page only relates to those enforcement actions permitted to be published under the provisions of section 270(5) and regulation 227.
Name and Address of the Service: Amy Road After School & Vacation Care, 59d Amy Road, NEWSTEAD, Tasmania 7250
Approved Provider name and number: Northern Children’s Network Incorporated
Nature of the enforcement action: Compliance Notice
Reason for taking the enforcement action (including details of the breach):
Amy Road After School Care & Vacation Care was determined to not be complying with provisions of the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 particularly, in relation to the following – failure to;
- Ensure that all children being educated and cared for by the service are adequately supervised at all times that the children are in the care of that service (s.165)
- Ensure that every reasonable precaution was taken to protect children from harm and hazard likely to cause injury (s.167)
Date of the enforcement action: 22 March 2021
Details of the enforcement action taken: Issue of Compliance Notice under section 177 of the National Law requiring compliance by 23 June 2021. The Compliance Notice requires the approved provider to;
- Engage a consultant to assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to safe transportation of children.
- Engage a consultant to deliver training on the revised or developed policies to staff members and provide evidence to the Regulatory Authority of staff members attendance at this training and the training materials.
- Engage a consultant to deliver training to staff members in the adequate supervision of children during transport and provide evidence to the Regulatory Authority of staff members attendance at this training, and the training materials.
Next Action/Outcome: Outcome
Details of Action/Outcome: The approved provider submitted the required evidence within the timeframe and has satisfied the requirements of the Compliance Notice.