Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
updated 12 May 2020
The information and advice available about COVID-19 has been evolving and changing in response to the situation both nationally and here in Tasmania. We are working with the sector to support providers and services to continue to provide safe, quality care for children at this time. We have included links to health advice and advice on how to access government support.
It is important to check back regularly with the ECU, government agencies and relevant authorities.
- On Friday 8 May, Premier Peter Gutwein announced the Tasmanian Roadmap to Recovery and a plan for Tasmanian students to return to learning in schools.
- For the latest information please visit the Tasmanian Government coronavirus website.
- The Australian Government has developed a COVIDSafe app to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- For the latest COVID-19 news, updates and advice, please visit the Australian Government website.
- For further information relating to COVID-19 please visit the World Health Organisation’s website.
- For more information about coronavirus in Tasmania, please go to the Tasmanian Government’s coronavirus website and the Tasmanian Public Health website.
- For concerns about contact or symptoms – call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738
- The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) is the key decision making committee for health emergencies and has provided a statement on Children in Early Childhood and Learning Centres.
- The Australian Government Department of Health website has detailed information and is being updated as the situation develops.
- For general information about coronavirus call the National Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080 (24 hours, 7 days). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
- Safe Work Australia has provided advice for: Early childhood education and care workers: Minimising the risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Resources, including information sheets, are available on the Australian Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources page, coronavirus.tas.gov.au and on the Tasmanian Public Health website.
If you have any questions, please contact the ECU on 6165 5425 or via firstname.lastname@example.org or call your point of contact authorised officer directly.