Information about Novel Coronavirus
31 March 2020
The Education and Care Unit (ECU) understand that providers, services and educators are concerned about the potential impacts of COVID-19 and the challenges it presents to the sector and the community.
We want to help you to understand the constantly changing situation and what needs to be done, to follow the latest advice from the Director of Public Health to minimise the spread of COVID-19 within the community. We also want to support families and providers at this extraordinary time and have included links to health advice and advice on how to access government support. We have also detailed how the ECU in working with the sector with the aim to support providers and services to continue to provide safe, quality care for children at this time.
Information is changing quickly. It is important to check back regularly with both the ECU, government agencies and relevant authorities.
- For information on the outbreak of COVID-19 please visit the World Health Organisation’s website.
- For the latest COVID-19 news, updates and advice from Australian Government agencies, please visit the Australian Government website.
- For information from the Tasmanian Government relating to COVID-19 please visit the Tasmanian Government coronavirus website.
- The Australian Government Department of Health website has detailed information and is being updated as the situation develops.
- For general information about coronavirus, including the national response, call the National Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080 (24 hours, 7 days). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
- More information about coronavirus is available on the Tasmanian Public Health website.
- For concerns about contact or symptoms – call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738
- Resources, including information sheets, are available on the Australian Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources page and on the Tasmanian Public Health website.