Tasmania’s Operational Plan for Managing COVID-19 in Early Childhood Education and Care is designed for service providers. This provides an overview of the COVID-19 safe principles services will undertake in the current COVID-19 environment.
This plan aligns with the National Framework for Managing COVID-19 in Schools and Early Childhood Education and Care and has been built on everything we have learnt and implemented since the start of the pandemic. The six guiding principles include:
- Schools and ECEC services are first to open and last to close. Face-to-face learning is a priority.
- COVID-safe behaviours will be practised at all times.
- No vulnerable child or child of an essential worker will be turned away.
- Managing COVID-19 cases will be informed by public health advice.
- Schools and early childhood services will be equipped with public health advice.
- The health and wellbeing of children and staff is our top priority.
Parents can access Frequently Asked Questions regarding early childhood education and care and COVID-19.
If you need support translating or interpreting this information, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Accessibility information is also available.