Updated 9 September 2020
Support for families
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has implemented measures to support the sector and families, please see the Early Childhood Education and Care COVID-19 Information webpage and the Information for families – Child Care Subsidy from 13 July 2020 Infosheet for details.
- COVID-19 support resources are available at raisingchildren.net.au.
- Resources to support families’ mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 can be found at the Australian Government’s Head to Health webpage.
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) has relevant updates on COVID-19.
- For information about COVID-19 and early education and/or schools you can visit Tasmanian Government Coronavirus.
- You can access a range of parenting resources, including tips for parenting during COVID-19 in 90 languages at Parenting for Lifelong Health.
- Families can find an early childhood education or child care service by searching online using Starting Blocks and Child Care Finder.
Families looking to find an education and care or child care service can call the ACECQA Find Child Care Family Helpline on 1800 291 041 from 9am to 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).