Updated 6 June 2022
Support for families
- The Information for families – Outbreaks in ECEC is a simple guidance document for parents/carers on the steps taken to care for children if they are ECEC contacts and the appropriate response to take if an outbreak is declared.
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has implemented measures to support the sector and families, please see the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment COVID-19 information for the early childhood education and care sector for up to date information.
- For Tasmanian government information about COVID-19 and early education and/or schools you can visit Schools and childcare | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and Education and Care Services | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 support resources are also available at:
- Resources to support families’ mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 can be found at the Australian Government’s Head to Health webpage.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information | ACECQA has advice for families including:
- Service and temporary closure information | ACECQA, and
- links to information for families and activities to do at home Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) I Starting Blocks
- Families can find an early childhood education or child care service by searching online using Starting Blocks.
Families looking to find an education and care or child care service can call the ACECQA Find Child Care Family Helpline on 1800 291 041 from 9am to 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).