Updated 18 October 2021
Notifying the ECU
You will need to let us know if:
- There is a risk to the health, safety or wellbeing of children who attend your service.
- If your service closes due to COVID-19 either by choice or due to a Public Health directive.
- There is a confirmed case of COVID-19, where a person has visited or attended your service and tested positive. Please follow Public Health advice and keep the ECU informed.
- A person, including a child or staff member, has attended your service and has been identified as a close contact by Public Health. Please follow Public Health advice and keep the ECU informed.
- You change operating hours or the number of children able to attend your service.
- You cease to operate an education and care or child care service.
To notify us or to apply for a waiver, you will need to login to the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQAITS).
- If you need to apply for a waiver because of COVID-19, ask us if you are entitled to a refund.
Need help? Visit ACECQA’s guidance on notifying through the NQAITS.
Please visit Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or call the Tasmanian Public Health hotline on 1800 671 738 and follow any advice from Public Health if there is a confirmed or probably case who has attended your service.
If you have any questions, please contact the ECU on 6165 5425 or via firstname.lastname@example.org or call your point of contact authorised officer directly.